For my British Victorian Lit class, we have moved on from Jane Eyre (FINALLY-seriously, this is the third semester in a row of me reading it) to A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Which makes sense because it’s January…
Reasons I’m excited to read this one:
- It’s short. It’s more like a long short story than an actual novel (which is awesome for my workload right now).
- Charles Dickens is my grandfather’s favorite author. The more Dickens I read, the more I understand why. I told my mom we were reading it and she said, “Your grandfather would be proud.” And that just makes you feel all warm on the inside.
- There’s a Disney animated version of it. Naturally, I’ve seen it every year since I was 3 during Christmas time.
- Maybe because I am reading it, the heavens will open up and it will ACTUALLY snow…
- I get to post another picture of an old man! This here is Scrooge, someone who I will inevitably grow up to be (except I would be grumpy every other day but Christmas. Especially about Valentine’s Day I think).